The Fifth Annual 2014 Juried Show is May 16-26, 2014
at the Rolling Green Barn, Rt. 202 just south of Aquetong Rd., New Hope.
Drop off May 14 from 10am -1pm
Opening Awards Reception/40th Anniversary Celebration May 16 from 7 - 9pm
Gallery open Thursday - Sunday & Memorial Day 1 - 6pm
Pick up May 26 from 5 - 6pm & May 27 from 10am - 1pm
ENTER VIA CAllForEntry.org
LOCATION OF SHOW:
Rolling Green Barn, Rt. 202 and Aquetong Rd.
New Hope, PA 18938
If paying by check, mail payments to:
1326 Durham Road
New Hope, PA, 18938
Entry Fee (New Hope Art League NON-Member Entry Fee): $35.00
NHAL currently paid 2014 member entry fee is $25.00.
Members; use discount coupon code to receive $10 discount on entry fee. Code will be emailed to you.
If you pay member fee incorrectly, and you are not joining/renewing, your entry will be held until your entry fee is corrected. You may visit NHAL website (click here). Use payment button to pay the difference of $10. Your entry will then be released for submission. Incorrect entries must be corrected by entry deadline of April 15, midnight. Late entries that are incorrect or not final may be declined.
March 8 Submissions open
April 15 Entry Deadline
May 1 Acceptance notification: Email and posted on website: www.NewHopeArtLeague.com
Jurors: Barbara Neibart and Madeleine Kelly
· NHAL will accept paintings, works on paper, mixed media, photography, digital art and sculpture.
· Anyone 18 and older may enter, member or non-member.
· Original art new works only, created in the last two years, not previously shown in NHAL or other local area shows or exhibits. No copies of artworks or artists. No works reproduced by any commercial process, no giclees, video, film, jewelry or fiber art.
· Dated Art: If there is a date on your artwork, it must be 5/2012 or later. Prior works will not be accepted.
· Maximum of two pieces may be entered.
· Submitting artists may enter 1 portfolio piece, please list on CAllForEntry.org on screen after artwork entry.
· Digital images: 1920 pixels on the longest side, JPG format only. No larger than 3MB file size.
· One photo of each painting. No frames of any kind in images. NOTE: Total: 2 photos per artist. Sculptors (only): One photo per sculpture, each may be a triptych. (If you need help making a triptych contact NHALArtShow@gmail.com)
· Name File: Last & First Name, Title, Medium, Size, Price.
· Payment must accompany entry. Deadline for show = deadline for payment and entry.
Selection and Awards:
Notification of acceptance will be emailed and posted on the website on May 1, 2014 at 5pm. www.NewHopeArtLeague.com
Awards will be given at the jurors' discretion. The decision of the jurors is final.
· Artworks must match submitted images.
· Works with protruding nails, staples or saw tooth hangers will not be accepted. Use braided wire or strong plastic line. Wire ends must be taped.
· Three dimensional & assembled works must be stable and safe for viewing. Footprint limit is 30”x 30” for sculpture, artist must provide stand that is finished and structurally sound.
· All works on gallery wrapped canvas block must have painted sides and be wired for hanging or will be declined upon delivery.
· Size limit for all framed pieces is 40”, inclusive of frame, on longest side.
· NHAL reserves the right to refuse any works containing unacceptable subject matter or which doesn’t match photo.
· Artist name & phone number must be on all pieces accepted for hanging, prior to drop off. Label is on Prospectus that is on the website, or you may use your own.
· All works must be for sale.
Portfolio pieces All submitting artists are invited to enter one piece.
Instructions for all Entries:
All art must be hand delivered and picked up. Sorry, no shipping at this time.
Fees/Payment Options: Up to 2 Pieces:
Please Read Directions and Follow Exactly.
NHAL reserves the right to reject late entries, entries with no payment by the deadline, entries which have not had correct payment or hanging materials, or entries that do not match submitted photos or follow the above specs.
March 8 Prospectus online at CAllForEntry.org
April 10 Deadline for receipt of mailed checks.
April 15 Entry deadline at 5 pm EST.
May 1 Acceptance notification emailed and posted on NHAL website; www.NewHopeArtLeague.com.
May 14 Accepted pieces delivered 10am - 1pm.
May 16 Show opens 12 pm – 6 pm, opening reception, 40th Anniversary Celebration & awards, 7 pm - 9 pm.
May 17-25 Open Thursday - Sunday 12pm – 6 pm.
May 26 Memorial Day, OPEN. Show ends 6pm. Unsold works may be picked up 5pm - 6 pm.
May 27 Pick up unsold artworks 10am – 1 pm.
All works must be dropped off and picked up at the allotted times. If you are unavailable it is your responsibility to please make arrangements for your art. You alone are responsible to deliver and pick up your art. Sorry, no shipping available at this time.
QUESTIONS? NHALArtShow@gmail.com. We’re happy to help!
Barbara Neibart grew up in Elkins Park, Pennsylvania. She has been painting, drawing and doodling on napkins and goofing of in her studio for decades. After starting her formal art education at Philadelphia College of Art (now University of the Arts), she transferred to and graduated from Cornell University with a BFA in painting, which included a Fellowship in 1976 to Yale University at Norfolk and, upon graduation, a Max Beckmann Scholarship to the Brooklyn Museum. She earned an MFA in painting from the Milton Avery Graduate School of the Arts at Bard College.
Neibart has taught art at the college level since 1989, at Richard Stockton College of NJ and at Marymount Manhattan College. She currently teaches studio/lecture classes in the Fine Art Department at the County College of Morris.
Neibart has shown her oil and mixed media paintings in galleries throughout the northeastern U.S. and in Venice, Italy. Her paintings, monotypes and humorous illustrations have been commissioned by, among others, the Wine Media Guild of NY, the Ford Foundation, Bust Magazine, and the Philadelphia Zoo. She is currently working on several painting series, and will be premiering volume III of her comic, Wild Life: An Illustrated Journal, at MoCCAfest, the New York Museum of Comic and Cartoon Art’s annual festival.
Madeleine Kelly, MPS, PWCS: An artist and educator, Madeleine Kelly resides and teaches in Southeastern Pennsylvania studio, often paints from local inspirations. She believes art is passion, discovery, evolution and an endless journey and loves to explore the versatility of multiple mediums. Her greatest joys are playing with textures and color. Although her inspirational triggers are everywhere it is “often the medium itself that drives me”. Madeleine’s works are impressionistic and at times can push the abstract perimeters.
Although she never formally studied art, she continues to grow as an artist and has achieved her skills through workshops, museums, and demo presentations with such leading artists as Elizabeth Mowry, Rea Redifer, Homer Johnson and others. Her works are displayed and admired in public and private collections around the world. Recipient to numerous awards she is also a signature member of the Philadelphia Watercolor Society and Maryland Pastel Society. She has been published in magazines and newspapers including a Philadelphia Inquirer feature “Madeleine Kelly Paints Her Future with Bold Strokes" July 2010; an American Artist magazine April 2010 "Maintain a Beginner’s Sense of Adventure", and the Philadelphia Stories magazine. Her artwork can be seen gracing the set of a just released feature 2013 indie film; “The Suspect”.
Recent juried exhibitions included her well received series “American Jazz” and her series “Structure, Texture, Color”. www.madeleinekelly.com