2015 6th ANNUAL NEW HOPE ART LEAGUE JURIED ART SHOW
May 15 -25, 2015
Entry Deadline April 15
Enter via Entrything.com (see link below)
April 10 Mailed checks deadline
April 15 Entry deadline
May 1 Acceptances notification posted on this website
May 13 Accepted pieces delivered 10am - 1pm & 4 - 7pm
May 15 Show opens 12pm - 6pm
May 16 Opening reception 5pm - 8pm
May 15 - 25 Show open Thursday - Sunday 12pm - 6pm
May 25 Memorial Day, OPEN. Show ends at 6pm. Work may be picked up from 5 - 6pm
May 26 Pick up artwork 10am - 1pm & 4pm - 7pm
· NHAL will accept paintings, works on paper, mixed media, photography, digital art and sculpture.
· Anyone 18 and older may enter, member or non-member.
· Original art, not previously shown in NHAL or other local area shows or exhibits. No copies of artworks or artists. No works
reproduced by any commercial process, no giclees, video, film, jewelry or fiber art.
· Maximum of two pieces may be entered.
· Digital images: JPG format only, minimum of 600 pixels shortest side.
· One photo of each unframed painting. NOTE: Total: 2 photos per artist. Sculptors (only): Three photo per sculpture, each may be a
· Name File: Last & First Name, Title, Medium, Size, Price.
· Payment must accompany entry. Deadline for show = deadline for payment and entry.
· Submitting artists may enter 2 portfolio pieces.
Works with protruding nails, staples or saw tooth hangers will not be accepted. Use braided wire or strong plastic line. Wire ends
must be taped.
· Three dimensional & assembled works must be stable and safe for viewing. New!! Footprint limit is 40”x 40” for sculpture,
artist must provide stand that is finished and structurally sound.
· All works on gallery wrapped canvas block must have painted sides and be wired for hanging or will be declined upon delivery.
· Size limit for all framed pieces is 40”, inclusive of frame, on longest side.
· NHAL reserves the right to refuse any works containing unacceptable subject matter or which doesn’t match submitted photo.
· Artist name & phone number must be on all pieces accepted for hanging, prior to drop off.
· All works must be for sale.
Selection and Awards:
· Notification of acceptance will be emailed and posted on this website on May 1, 2015 at 5pm. www.NewHopeArtLeague.com
· Awards will be given at the jurors' discretion. The decision of the jurors is final.
· All submitting artists are invited to enter 1 piece.
Members $25./ Non-members $35.
CONTACT NHALARTSHOW@gmail.com for questions
New this year:
The top three awarded pieces will
be hung at the
Rich Timmons Gallery for the
month of June.
Stanley A. Bielen
1025 Carpenter Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19147
Born August 19, 1957 Rzeszow, Poland
Resides in Philadelphia, PA
Studied painting at the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts; 1976-1980
Exhibits both regionally and nationally
Fred and Naomi Hazell Faculty Fellowship
Samuel S. Fleisher Art Memorial
Ranger Fund Purchase Prize
National Academy of Design
Julius Halgarten Award
National Academy of Design
Cecilia Beaux Portrait Prize, Honorable Mention
Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts
In the Collection of:
Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, Washington D.C.
Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts, Philadelphia, PA
Harrison Gallery, Williamstown, MA
Morpeth Gallery, Hopewell, NJ
Somerville Manning Gallery, Wilmington, DE
William Baczek Fine Arts, Northampton, MA
Born in Seoul, Korea, Georganna Lenssen graduated from Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts with a four-year certificate in painting. Prizes awarded included the Roy Lance Lauffer Memorial Prize and the Elizabeth Arramark scholarship. Since 2005, Georganna has been teaching classes at the Wayne Art Center and Historic Yellow Springs Studios. She is represented by The Rosenfeld Gallery in Philadelphia, Red Raven Art Company in Lancaster, and West Branch Gallery in Stowe, VT.
Asian art and its deep reverence for nature has strongly influenced her work and its development. In connecting to and expressing the gesture and essence of subjects she hopes not to capture, but to release an element of their spirit into the world.
9/98 to 12/03 PENNSYLVANIA ACADEMY OF THE FINE ARTS, Philadelphia, PA
9/90 to 12/91 VILLANOVA UNIVERSITY, Villanova, PA
SELECTED GROUP EXHIBITIONS
2014 Devon Gallery at the Devon Horse Show, Devon, PA
Juried Alumnae Exhibition
PRIZES AND AWARDS
2014 Penn Medicine Best of Show Award, Wayne Art Center Members’ Exhibition, Wayne, PA
Broad Street Review